Traveling is something I really love. The ignorant comments that come along with it are something I really hate. Before you verbalize any of the eight ideas on this list, don’t. A girl has got to set some of you straight!
1. “You have to be rich or be a trust fund kid to travel.”
Well you see, my last trip was about $500. I’d say that’s still cheaper than your premium annual pass to Disneyland.
2. “Must be nice to have money to travel.”
3. “It’s too expensive to go to Europe.”
4. “Big cities are dangerous!”
5. “Places in Asia, Africa and South America aren’t good for a vacation. Those are third-world countries!”
6. “I just don’t have the time to travel.”
7. “Don’t you wish the money you spent on traveling was spent on something else?”
8. “Aren’t you scared to travel as a woman? Haven’t you seen ‘Taken?’“
So as a woman I shouldn’t travel because I’m going to end up in the plot of a fictional movie where a girl gets kidnapped into the sex-trade and Liam Neeson has to kick a whole lot of ass? Don’t talk to me.
(All GIFs from giphy)